[wp-hackers] Plugin Readmes

Jonathan Leighton turnip at turnipspatch.com
Fri Jul 22 07:41:40 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> Jonathan Leighton wrote:
>
>> I really don't see everybody who write a plugin also making a readme.txt
>> for it.
>
> That's fine. And for the directory on WordPress.org, I don't want any
> plugins where the authors couldn't be bothered to make a readme.txt.
> It's a self-selection process.

It's not a case of being bothered (actually look at my Post Teaser
plugin -- it has one), it's a case of whether it's really very effective
to maintain two different formats of a document which say exactly the
same thing. I'd perhaps agree more if I could actually understand the
benefit these readmes have over a wiki page and the commenty tag things
every single plugin has.

Jon

--
Jonathan Leighton aka. Turnip