[wp-hackers] Recent Comments Plugins.

Denis de Bernardy denis at semiologic.com
Wed Jul 20 16:02:38 GMT 2005

While underoptimized, the plugin's strange scenario might come from it
allowing parameters.

With respect to your question, the least resource hogger of the recent post,
updates and comments plugins lot will likely be mine, since all three have a
built-in cache. Assuming the cache dir is writable by the server, each will
hit the sql server one to three times per hour depending on how you
configure it -- unless of course a new post, update or comment triggers a
flush.

D.

able-comment-listings/

http://dev.wp-plugins.org/browser/recent-comments/

http://meidell.dk/archives/2005/07/17/brians-latest-comments-152/

The vast majority of people whose use these do so in good faith and
although there will be users who do daft things like display the last 40
comments, and yes I know that some of these work differently to others,
but those issues aside for the average user, which of these are the
least likely to get a host shutting down a site ?
Or do I install each one in turn, run 10 comments through them while
using the Query Diagnostics plugin and then rank according to time taken
? I somehow think I'd get yelled at if I did that.
Any and all advice would be great.

P.