[wordpress] Re: [wp-hackers] Forum post: Huge server hits

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 14:49:29 GMT 2005

Well, that might work in certain cases.  IF your images aren't the draw to
your site, then maybe.  And if you aren't a biz/pro user.

If you have a site that's all about images you can't find elsewhere (I
dunno, a nature photographer, wedding photographer, something like that),
you'd maybe sprinkle a few images to flickr or something as 'advertising'.
OR, you could push some low-res versions out around, keep the ultra high-res
for yourself.  (I'm working on a design for a astronomy photographer, and
the bandwidth issues are huge for the hi-res imagery...).

There are probably a dozen 'free image hosting' sites out there.  For people
who don't care, most of them don't have any of the restrictions flickr
might, but a few of them push their own advertising on image-view pages.

-d