[wp-hackers] Simple commandline client for wordpress?

Matthias Tarasiewicz p.a.r.a.s.e.w at gmx.net
Wed Jul 13 15:09:20 GMT 2005

hi steve,
i recently did a small commandline client for wordpress based on The
Incutio XML-RPC Library for PHP
find the library here: http://scripts.incutio.com/xmlrpc/

i used php-cli as shell-interpreter: http://php.net/features.commandline

a script that posts to your wordpress blog would then look like this:

include("./IXR_Library.inc.php");
$client = new IXR_Client('http://yoursite.com/xmlrpc.php');
$client->query('blogger.newPost','','','username','pass','content',1);

you can use different XMLRPC APIs, i found blogger the most easy one
to use.

greetings,
matthias