[wp-hackers] Forum post: Huge server hits

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Tue Jul 12 09:54:14 GMT 2005

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/38937

  "as a recation to the attacks in london we set up a website called
werenotafraid.com, and we are running it on a wordpress blog. i am not
pimping the project here, my questions is of a somewhat technical nature.

the project has really taken off, we had 11 million hits in just a few
days, but we had to notice that the wordpress software was not able to
deal with the load:"

It's been linked from the BBC too so the problem will remain. I've
pointed the guy at staticise-reloaded, but maybe this number of hits
needs something more ?

P.