[wp-hackers] OT: HTML mail

Martin Geisler mgeisler at mgeisler.net
Mon Jul 11 13:36:09 GMT 2005

"Amit Gupta" <wp at igeek.info> writes:

> [...] HTML emails might not be any worth to you but they are the
> only solution if you want to send emails to collegues and your boss
> about different things with highlighted points, emphasised
> points(read points in bold/italics), etc., just basic bold/italics
> formatting that is quite useful.

Yes, bold/italics are nice, but it's nothing that you cannot indicate
with *bold* or /italic/ in your plain text mails.  Very simple and
fast to type.

Having your mail reader turn into a fullblown HTML browser is overkill
and the number of security problems you get along with the extra
functionality is not worth it, in my opinion.

But let's not continue discussing this here.  Feel free to reply to me
off the list if you want --- I intended this whole netiquette
discussion to be off list in the first place.

> So HTML emails are not just for "birthday cards with funny colored
> text and happy music in the background". *rolleyes* Infact I don't
> use OE for sending out any B'Day cards at all, that's what the
> services like Blue Mountain, Yahoo! Greetings etc. are for.

Of course, that sentence was supposed to be funny! :-)

--
Martin Geisler                                     GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP EXIF Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PHP Shell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://mgeisler.net/
Read/write EXIF data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser