[wp-hackers] User Capabilities

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Jul 10 22:26:22 GMT 2005

Ryan Boren wrote:
> While we're working out the design and implementation details of the
> role/capability system, let's talk about roles.  Currently, we are using
> Textpattern's role definitions.
>
> http://textpattern.org/tips/280/editing-user-priveleges

I think TP goes a bit overboard, we should try to simplify our default
roles to as few as possible and leave more complex things to plugins.
When you look at the current system, we basically only have a few
functional things even though the levels are 0-10:

* Registered
* Ability to post
* Administrator

Or to break it down differently, people who leave comments, people who
post entries, and people who administer everything (including templates).

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com