[wp-hackers] User Capabilities

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 09:48:54 GMT 2005

On 7/8/05, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> I'm not sure about having roles reference other roles.  If a privilege
> is removed for one role, the privilege is lost to higher roles as well.
> If manage_links is removed for the Managing Editor, the Publisher loses
> that priv as well unless it is separately added to the Publisher role.
> I think each role should be self contained.

I agree, this business of removing permissions cascading upward is too
confusing. (Besides, why _upward_? I mean, If you disallowed, say a
Managing Editor to do something, I'd expect everyone junior of him to
also be banned from doing that, but bubbling upward?)

I'd agree, each role should be isolated.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net