[wp-hackers] 500 euros for WP + plugins

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 02:26:42 GMT 2005

On Sat, July 9, 2005 3:06 am, Firas D. said:
> Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>
>> I'm curious how people feel about this:
>>
>> http://www.semiologic.com/projects/sem-theme-pro/
>>
> It's not that far off being a sort of WP consulting, with the consulting
> already done (stuff packaged, etc.) Seems above-board.

If the product _is_ support then it would seem above-board - the wording though implies that you are paying for
WordPress + 3rd party plugins rather than for support which I'm not sure is above-board.

I would think it fair for him to sell plugins/themes that he has created because to me that would be the equivalent of
developing them specifically for a client to use and as such I don't think they would need to be GPL/GPL Compatible
licenced.

> Although that part about 'An entire collection of (debugged) third party
> plugins, all one click installs' does make my stomach churn a wee bit.
> Which plugins, how debugged, going to share the source..?

This makes my stomach churn too.  The possibility of an end user contacting the original plugin dev for support is
quite high and if they don't have access to the code in use they are not going to be able to help much.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
Blog: http://www.ftwr.co.uk/blog/