[wp-hackers] s/categories/tags

xavier.roy at wipro.com xavier.roy at wipro.com
Fri Jul 8 05:21:31 GMT 2005

Jeff wrote:

>>In fact, there is:

>>  - http://www.agkamai.com/archives/538/modified-cat2tag/

>> I know because I worked on it. Additionally, the plug-in is set up so
that it "hides" categories, but the "tags" are >> >> actually just
categories in a clever guise. If that's not clear, try the plug-in and
then deactivate and see what >>>>>> >> happens.

I use it on my bookshelf, http://bookshelf.xavierroy.com , but the thing
is that cat2tag creates categories as tags but child categories are not
supported. As an example., say I create an entry with some "tags" as
'thriller' and 'robert littell'. They become categories - But I want
'thriller' to be a children category of 'genre' and 'robert littell' to
be a child of 'authors'. That isn't possible with the current cat2tag. I
usually change the categories manually (make them children of respective
parent categories").

I hope a on-the-fly creation of categories with an option to choose a
parent for that category (maybe a dropdown) would be real great for WP.

Jax.

> Or is there some "plugin" for quickly creating "tag" metadata for a
> post I should know about.

In fact, there is:

  - http://www.agkamai.com/archives/538/modified-cat2tag/

I know because I worked on it. Additionally, the plugin is set up so
that it "hides" categories, but the "tags" are actually just categories
in a clever guise. If that's not clear, try the plugin and then
deactivate and see what happens.

Jeff