[wp-hackers] Plugin deactivation

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 03:06:27 GMT 2005

Actually, Robert's original question was ordering the loading/initialization of plugins, and not the order that filters/actions get executed...  Also, if I remember the code, you can actually go outside of (1, 10) bounds with the order/priority param... and the numbers are quite useless with a hundred people writing different plugins, and using the numbers differently (or not at all!).  Gee, sounds like the same problem with user levels. ;) ;)

Having some control over order of loading (and thus initialization/early-execution) would definitely be a good thing, and defined by categories (roles!), rather than numeric index.

-d