[wp-hackers] Overriding get_posts() behaviour

Christian Aust christian at wilde-welt.de
Sun Jul 3 08:39:57 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm working on a more powerful search plugin. AFAIK I'd have to
implement an action 'parse_query' to do the parameter stuff, after
which get_posts() is called. That's where my plugin should step in an
provide a list of posts that match the criteria. Unfortunately, there
isn't any action hook to implement a special get_posts() behaviour
which would allow me to retrieve a set of post IDs directly from
get_posts(). There's only one parameter 'p' allowed, not an array of
p's.

I'd like that plugin to be as unobtrusive as possible, allowing to use
standard and extended search happily together. Any ideas what I could
do? Best regards,

-  Christian

--

Christian Aust
http://publicvoidblog.de/  -  mailto:christian at wilde-welt.de
icq: 84500990 - Yahoo!: datenimperator - MSN: datenimperator