[wp-hackers] Re: The Dashboard Needs Attention

Mike Little mike at zed1.com
Fri Dec 30 17:59:08 GMT 2005

I do feel slightly embarrassed when my personal family stuff appears
on the dashboard.

I believe the correct solution is to fix the WordPress Planet feeds to
only relevant categories.
I've had a blog category and wordpress sub-category since my first
non-WordPress post appeared on the dashboard!

Unfortunately, the last time I looked I couldn't find any contact
details for WordPress planet.

The real value of the Dashboard is for security and release
announcements. Whilst it may be good for individuals to be able to
install a plugin to turn off (or possibly change - which has security
implications) the dashboard feeds, I still believe there is a value in
the average user having it enabled by default.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/journalized/