[wp-hackers] Any chance of the "Kubrick vs hReview" patch being accepted prior to WP 2.0 release?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Dec 21 23:40:28 GMT 2005

Phillip Pearson wrote:

>> The solution to this particular example is as easy as adding this style
>> to the page:
>>
>>   .hreview .description {
>>     background-color: inherit;
>>     color: inherit;
>>   }
>>
>> Voila. No more conflicting styles in Kubrick.
>
> ... in Firefox.  IE doesn't do "inherit" :-(

Ah, true. IE strikes again. I mainly used 'inherit' because it didn't
lock to a particular color. You could just as easily use 'white' or
'#7e429d', or whatever colors happen to fit your site. The primary point
was that you can override the hReview description style however you see
fit, without the need to change a core WordPress file.

On the other hand, I'm okay with the idea that we could make the Kubrick
selector more specific (but not necessarily with renaming it). I just
think that it's an over-reaction to scramble to 'fix' Kubrick just to
avoid conflicts with a microformat that only a tiny percentage of users
are going to be using. Especially when there's an easy way to resolve
the conflict without patching core files.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/