[wp-hackers] Any chance of the "Kubrick vs hReview" patch being accepted prior to WP 2.0 release?

Phillip Pearson pp at myelin.co.nz
Wed Dec 21 21:57:17 GMT 2005

> Again, I think that people are attacking this "problem" from the wrong
> end. Mainly because there really isn't a problem to speak of. If you're
> going to go to the trouble to add microformatted data to your site, is
> it really that much more trouble to add some properly scoped styles to
> target them?
>
> The solution to this particular example is as easy as adding this style
> to the page:
>
>   .hreview .description {
>     background-color: inherit;
>     color: inherit;
>   }
>
> Voila. No more conflicting styles in Kubrick.

... in Firefox.  IE doesn't do "inherit" :-(

I still think the best solution is to make the 'description' class
more selective - as in ryansking's patch, which changes '.description'
to '#headerdiv .description'.

> If you care enough about microformats to use them, then when there are
> conflicts between the format and your template, you're simply going to
> have to find some way to resolve them. There's no way that you're going
> to get Kubrick to be compatible with hAtom without some fairly serious
> modifications, for instance. But for most of the other microformats,
> you'll be able to resolve conflicts by increasing the specificity of the
> appropriate CSS rules.

I've done the work to make Kubrick support hAtom - see the patch on
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2105 ...

Cheers,
Phil