[wp-hackers] Plugin Port to 2.0: Showing private posts in single-view

Filipe Fortes fortes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:48:18 GMT 2005

Thanks for your help Ryan!

> Other plugins might loop over the posts in the query and call
> current_user_can() for each, so you should take that into account.

What's the best way to know what the current post is during the callback?

> If there are any extra hooks you need added, let us know now and we can
> try to get them into 2.0.

The biggest thing that's been missing is that the posts_where and
posts_join filters aren't called when constructing archives (date or
category), meaning the archives can't take into account the private
posts (since post_status = 'publish' is hard coded).

Thanks,

Filipe