[wp-hackers] Backup, wp-content

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Thu Dec 22 08:23:57 GMT 2005

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> I  wonder  if  it's part of the installation process. The  latest  nightly
> (21-12-2005) does not make it writable 'out of the box' (see below), but I
> suspect that's to do with the tool I use to uncompress the archive. It ap-
> pears to be drwxrwxrwx in the archive itself.

I imagine a significant portion of users who download the ZIP and then
upload from their winows/mac box won't transfer the permissions across
their FTP client, so it's not so pertinent.

I am fairly certain the installation process throws errors when it
encounters a non-writeable directory that should be and even gives you
the SSH commands to copy&paste.

Jeff