[wp-hackers] Any chance of the "Kubrick vs hReview" patch being accepted prior to WP 2.0 release?

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Dec 20 14:44:45 GMT 2005

Phillip Pearson wrote:
> BTW, I've also been talking to David Janes about getting hAtom
> (http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom) support into WP 2.0.  This would
> require renaming the "entry" and "content" classes in Kubrick, as hAtom
> uses "entry" to wrap a post, and "content" to wrap the post
> content/description.  I can do a patch for this if this is an acceptable
> sort of change...?

I'm curious where these microformat guys get off absconding with fairly
standard class names for use in their microformats.  "decription"?
"entry"?  "content"?  They seem pretty common to many purposes.

I'm not thoroughly versed in the use of microformats, but it seems this
could lead to a lot of false positives in a search.  If someone pointed
a microformat scanner at a default Kubrick blog, for example, it might
come back with false positives.

So educate me- What does the microformat syntax provide to prevent this
from happening?  After all, my use of "description" as a CSS class name
predates any microformat.

Owen