[wp-hackers] Sorting Meta Fields

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Dec 15 16:55:41 GMT 2005

Dave Hendler wrote:
> Basically, if
> the orderby parameter sent to query_posts() is not in the allowed
> array (author,date,category,title), I perform an additional join to
> the postmeta table and mess about a little bit to get things working.

It might be better to make an explicit query parameter for postmeta, so
that you can order the results by meta value _and_ order them by
author/date/cat/title.

> Is this something I should submit to SVN?  How should I go about this?

1) Create an account on the Support Forums
   http://wordpress.org/support/
2) Log in to Trac
   http://trac.wordpress.org/
3) Create and save a new ticket
   http://trac.wordpress.org/newticket/
4) Upload your patch to the ticket you just opened

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35