[wp-hackers] users vs. usermeta

John Joseph Bachir jjb at ibiblio.org
Wed Dec 14 17:03:29 GMT 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, David House wrote:
>> Yes, some of those fields *should* be moved into usermeta.
>
> He's saying that those fields should be moved to users, and the
> usermeta table be left for plugins, if I've read that correctly. I've
> outlined the reasons for the current setup in my previous email.

Well actually I wasn't partial to either one, I was just wondering what
the idea was. I'm still not sure what constitutes "bare minimum" data and
why that should go in the users table instead of the usermeta table.

Not that I have a better idea though :). It's tough call. Flexibility vs.
the Right Way.

John