[wp-hackers] Structured Blogging - getting extra plugin hooks inserted in the WP code

Phillip Pearson pp at myelin.co.nz
Tue Dec 13 02:52:51 GMT 2005

Steve,

The aforementioned Structured Blogging plugin is perhaps all you need to
achieve what you're planning... it's relatively easy to define new
microcontent types, so you could define an "artwork" type which includes
the fields you want, then let our plugin handle the editing and display.

Bob Wyman of PubSub mentioned a very similar use case a month or two
back: creating an 'artwork' microcontent type, giving that to artists,
then aggregating all artwork posts published.  He'd presumably use
pubsub.com to do the aggregation.

Take a look at the plugin - there's a preliminary version available here
(or you can wait for 1.0pre8, coming Tuesday morning USA time):

    http://structuredblogging.org/structuredblogging-wp-1.0pre7.zip

Look in the wpsb-files/microcontent/descriptions directory.  Start by
copying something like review-cafe.xml as artwork.xml, then change the
fields by editing the <field .../> elements.  There are some docs up at
structuredblogging.org - click on 'resources' on the top menu.

Cheers,
Phil :)