[wp-hackers] "Empty Space" for TinyMCE which FireFox accept

Mani Monajjemi mani.monajjemi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 10:42:11 GMT 2005

I am working on a plugin and need to add a <p dir="rtl">[empty space]</p> as
TinyMCE default text to start new post/page, Andy submitted a patch here
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2047 for filter_hook but I faced to a
problem with FireFox, and I am not sure wheter it is a FF bug or my PHP
mistake,

for [empty space] I tested so many strings

   - <p dir="rtl"> </p>
   - <p dir="rtl">utf8_encode(html_entity('&nbsp'))</p>
   - <p dir="rtl">utf8_encode(chr(32))</p>
   - <p dir="rtl">utf8_encode(chr(160))</p>

I removed <?= ?>

Expect the second one(which caused some warnings) the other three worked in
Internet Explorer 6, I mean IE6 accepts <p dir="rtl"> </p> with an emty
space between and turned on RTL button(http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1967)
and starts typing right after <p dir="rtl">. But in FireFox , It starts
typing after </p> just because it removes the emty space between <p
dir="rtl"></p>, I can not understand where the bug comes from , FF, My PHP
code or TinyMCE ...

Two days ago we found this bug too , maybe it would help
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2037

I would appreciate helps

--
Mani Monajjemi