[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed Aug 31 18:19:08 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> I'm less inclined to have some sort of progress saying "You have pinged
> X... Y... Z..." because (1) it would be a lot more complicated to
> implement and more importantly (2) no one really cares. It's something
> that should just happen without being in your face or interrupting your
> day.

Some folks might want the visual confirmation that pinging is occuring.

Could we use a small pop-up window with some sort of updating status
meter (like the kind Owen put into WP-DB Backup)?  This pop-up window
could do the heavy lifting, the javascript could keep it from timing
out, and the window could be minimized by people who don't care.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35