[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Aug 31 17:59:48 GMT 2005

Owen Winkler wrote:
> We could check for a flag in the admin header, "Are there posts left to
> ping?" and if there are, slip an extra "stylesheet" into the header that
> loads a separate ping engine that handles all outstanding pings.

That sounds similar to the iframe suggestion from earlier, I have no
attachment to which method we fire off the heavy lifting request as long
as it's really, really fast and doesn't delay the page.

I'm less inclined to have some sort of progress saying "You have pinged
X... Y... Z..." because (1) it would be a lot more complicated to
implement and more importantly (2) no one really cares. It's something
that should just happen without being in your face or interrupting your day.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com