[wp-hackers] Posting still slow

Piers Karsenbarg email at piersonthe.net
Wed Aug 31 11:25:03 GMT 2005

The idea earlier about having something in the UI is a good idea. Why not
make use of the buffer and have something that will show the user what is
happening. This will go along with the perceived performance against the
actual performance.

Something like this:

Post added... Pinging sites...

*pings whatever it needs to ping*

Ping complete.

*end of script*

If the user actually knows why it's taking so long then that would be easier
to understand than them (as was stated earlier) thinking that something
somewhere has crashed, be it MySQL, the server in general or their DSL line.

http://piersonthe.net