[wp-hackers] Trackback Validator plugin now available.

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Thu Aug 25 11:24:12 GMT 2005

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
| And at the same time you're removing the best feature of Trackback, in
| fact what it was designed for: category aggregation. Trackback doesn't
| require a link back by design, not as a mistake.
Yep, that's sort of right!! Its no doubt that this plugin will eliminate
almost all of Trackback SPAM, but then, there will be a lot of false
positives as well, because people who generally use Trackback, they
don't link to (all)the websites/blogs where they are sending trackbacks.

Like say I'm posting about a news story from c|net, so I'll link to it &
send a trackback there as well, but if there's someone else I know who
has posted his views on that same story, I'll be sending a Trackback to
his post as well to let him know that I've posted my views on the same
story, but then I won't be linking to his post from my post. So? The
plugin running on that person's blog will deem my trackback as SPAM
since it won't find any link back & thus my trackback will be deep-sixed
even though it was perfectly legit!!

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter