[wp-hackers] Post title in comments feed in 1.5.2

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Tue Aug 16 01:07:19 GMT 2005

Actually, there is caching for is_single comments feeds.
Which makes me wonder if the is_single || is_page feeds could be made
more SQL efficient. (Note this isn't true on is_page feeds - looks
like a bug).

That's the only place I see any caching.  Otherwise, I suppose the
idea is that the feed knows *exactly* what information it will
require, and so it doesn't need to cache anything.  It just grabs
what it will need: no more no less.

Which method is actually more efficient in terms of speed on a
typical box (several smaller, non JOINed queries or one larger JOIN
query), I don't know.
Michael