[wp-hackers] Way to tell what hooks are supported

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:29:29 GMT 2005

On 12/08/05, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:
> Basically, it's an array of all the hooks that are supported, plus a
> function, hook_exists('hook_name') which returns does an in_array call
> which returns true or false.  Might make it easier for plugin authors to
> know if a hook is supported, instead of having to do version voodoo and
> research.  It would also make the hooks known for people using SVN
> versions, where version number voodoo may be impossible.  I can think of
> one con: as new hooks are added, we'll have to add to the list.  But
> heck, I'd volunteer to monitor the changelog for new hooks and remind
> the devs to add them to the list.

It seems like a good idea. I'd even go as far as suggesting that
forcing the devs to place all used hooks in a list may even be a good
thing, for the sake of plugin writers. The codex would have somewhere
official to pull the list of hooks from, rather than having to scour
through the code.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net