[wp-hackers] suggestions for the next (not immediate)release

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Thu Aug 11 18:05:24 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
| There was a thread on this before I believe. MySQL only uses one index
| per query, so adding indicies doesn't always help things. You can test
| out adding an index to every field in the posts table and see if it
| changes the speed any, but in my testing it hasn't.
yes, I've seen that as well, whether you have indices on all fields of
the table or just one of group that you are querying, it doesn't make
any difference, not in MySQL as of yet, might make a difference in the
future versions.

Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
| On the PHP side, I honestly believe there is little that can be done
| for efficiency to make anything noticable even on the slowest
| machines. Cutting down the number of functions is the only way that
| might matter, but that's been brought up before, and I doubt that its
| going to happen since PHP itself handles that very well. (Comment out
| all the DB calls and the PHP would fly).
well I don't know much about that as I'm not that of a PHP expert & I
haven't looked into WordPress code much. So I'll trust you Deep-6 guys
on it!! :)

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter