[wp-hackers] suggestions for the next (not immediate)release

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Wed Aug 10 20:24:26 GMT 2005

well, actually I'm not saying that it should be done at the expense of
features, & I'm certainly not saying that it should be done like
LightPress which is loads faster but support not more than half the
front end features, the plugins etc.
what I was driving at is having the best of both worlds. that we keep
the features & functionality & ease of WordPress and get some more
speed. or should I believe that the code can't be optimised(including
SQL) to make it a bit more fast than it is currently? perhaps Matt or
Ryan can shed some light on this.

I know speed has been one of the driving points right from the
beginning, but I think that I read some piece from Matt sometime back
that said something about the legacy code from b2 that can be improved a
bit or something to that effect. I don't know if its been done already
or not, so thought that I might as well ask about it.

I don't have any problems with WP-Cache2 so far, its serving quite well
on 1 blog that I'm using it on. Its just that I pointed it as an example
that a plugged in solution like that might not be as good as a built in
might be. Just a thought, nothing more, so I maybe wrong or I maybe
right. And I voiced some other people's thoughts on this as well, so
they weren't my own entirely.
Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter