[wp-hackers] Hello Dolly's future

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:02:09 GMT 2005

On 08/08/05, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> I'd be curious to hear other plugin candidates for distribution
> inclusion. Please remember size is also a factor, there are some plugins
> which are half again the size of WP itself.

Lets first decide what functions we want this plugin to perform. Is it
going to be...

* An example plugin for potential plugin authors? Then why distribute
it with WordPress, why not just link to it from a codex article?
* An end-user-centric introduction to plugins (i.e., plugins can add
functionality, let me show you what I mean)? In which case, simplicity
of code is not a problem and my vote would be for docs search.

--
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com, http://xmouse.ithium.net