[wp-hackers] suggestions for the next (not immediate)release

Amit Gupta wp at igeek.info
Tue Aug 9 08:16:08 GMT 2005

I know WP-Cache2 is a server-side cacheing, but it indeed creates more
than 1 copy of a page in the cache. frankly I haven't investigated this
deeply due to lack of time, but 1 thing I can tell you is that if you
are logged in to WP, then it'll create a cache-file for you & 1 for
someone who's not logged in, so that you see the "edit post" links along
with the post titles(if your theme has them). though this dual
cache-file creation is OK & not a problem, but I just mentioned it to
tell you that it indeed creates more than 1 copy of the cache-file!! ;)

I think that more can be found out by doing some basic testing, I'll do
it if I get some free time any soon. Please don't take this part of my
suggestion(multiple cache-file creation by WP-Cache2) entirely seriously
as I don't have any facts to back it up as I admit I haven't tested it
up, what I wrote is what some people who've tested told me. whether they
are right or wrong, I'm not 100% sure.

but the WP-Cache2 issue put aside, I think even Matt & Ryan would agree
that a lot can be done to tighten up the WP Code & its speed can be
increased significantly!!

Amit Gupta
http://igeek.info/  ||  http://blog.igeek.info/
http://blog.igeek.info/wp-plugins/igsyntax-hiliter