[wp-hackers] Snoopy: Good or Evil

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:59:18 GMT 2005

On 8/3/05, Owen Winkler <ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> Would you consider using XML-RPC to distribute that information instead?
>   Then people could present that information in any format they chose.
> You could also offer several different functions (HotList, BuzzList,
> TopPosts, etc.) for different info, and return it all in XML.

XML has been a target all along. I just haven't made the effort to
change it all over. Eventually I'll be forced to do it and I'll kick
myself for putting it off. Heck, I could write all of the lists into a
single OPML file if I thought it was worthwhile. :-)

All I'm doing right now is letting the client grab any list and find
their site or their posts in that list. The client will cache the
entire list for several minutes to keep page loads manageable and do
the work of parsing the list. I do this because bandwidth is cheaper
than new servers with more CPUs and RAM.

> Or better yet, provide a REST API.  :)

That went right over my head.

Andy