[wp-hackers] Re: [wp-svn] [2744] trunk/wp-settings.php: Fixes #1488

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Wed Aug 3 11:25:09 GMT 2005

Robert Deaton wrote:
> Reading around, PHP_SELF is set on all platforms but does not contain
> the same information, specifically in regular cgi mode vs php-cgi
> mode. If anybody has time to test various server setups to confirm.

Hmm, Robert is right. For example under mod_php the request to
	http://host/test.php/baba
results in
	PHP_SELF=/test.php/baba

My initial suggestions is to use SCRIPT_NAME if php is not run as cgi.
If php is running as cgi we can quite safely (can we really?) disregard
everything after the extension of the script name in PHP_SELF.

However, some further tests on different servers/sapi's will be really
useful. If anybody is willing to test, we  shall need the following four
items:
	- request uri
	- output of php_sapi_name()
	- value of $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']