[wp-hackers] Multiple Enclosures, detecting enclosures

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Mon Aug 1 22:15:53 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> Chris Lott wrote:
>
>> *MY* servers do-- the problem is that so many don't. And when the best
>> free resource (important in educational circles) is ourmedia.org-- and
>> THEY can't (or won't) figure it out-- it seems like a bigger problem.
>> I also didn't ask to accommodate all possible media types, just the
>> most common ones that are causing the most problems.
>
> I think the problem with ourmedia/archive.org is that they serve up
> redirects usually, and we don't follow redirects. Anyone want to fix our
> code to follow up to 2 redirects (but no more as to not get stuck in a
> loop)?

Whew, thanks for saying "up to 2" because what I do with my videoblog is
use a custom cgi for the enclosure url, which redirects to ourmedia.org,
which then redirects to archive.org for the .mov file.

I do this because I use Ourmedia to upload the video (which is stored at
the Internet Archive) but want the aggregators to use the url on my site
for logging purposes.

I've been having to do a few curl commands with each post to manually
add the enclosure data, but fixing WP's code would be quite helpful.

Pete