[wp-hackers] JSP in WordPress?

Kyle VanderBeek kylev-wp at kylev.com
Wed Apr 27 18:39:18 GMT 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:29:07AM -0500, Pete Prodoehl wrote:

> I'm trying to integrate WordPress into a site that is written in JSP. We
> want to have WordPress/PHP use the same include files as the JSP pages,
> which will work fine for the static JSP files with plain HTML and no
> code, but for the JSP files used as includes that actually have JSP code
> that needs to be executed, is there a solution?
>
> I guess what we need is a way for PHP to include JSP pages, and execute
> the JSP within them when doing the include. Possible?

If you're using Apache with mod_jk2 as a connector to your Servlet
container (Tomcat?), you should look into the Apache specific virtual():

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.virtual.php

This should pass a subrequest through the Apache request chain, and I
assume you're mapping to your JSP connector via file extension or
something.  I suspect you'll run into trouble, but this is a good place
to start.  Use virtual() in header.php and see what happens.

Or, it might be completely irrelevant because you didn't tell us
anything about your setup.

kylev at kylev.com
  Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.