[wp-hackers] Making it better

Andy Skelton skeltoac at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 02:52:36 GMT 2005

Phil, an old man at 27, wrote:
>I can handle looking at an existing theme that does
>what I want, I can copy and paste code.  So, is wp designed only for people
>who know css and php?  Or is Customizing it only for those who know it?

I've taken to PHP and CSS pretty rapidly considering I'll be an old man in
August when I turn 27 :-)

For your rhetorical questions, this answer makes sense to me:
No, anyone can use WP. There are so many custom themes CENTRALLY available,
it might take you an hour to browse them all. If you want to get more custom
than that, you will have to learn SOMETHING about CSS and/or PHP. You don't
need to master them just to move your sidebar across the page.

IDEA: A one-click theme downloader that also browses screenshots from a
server. Blogger has it, they just don't have as many themes to browse in one
place. If it were in the core, the audience for WP would multiply so fast...
;-)

Andy Skelton
www.skeltoac.com