[wp-hackers] post_content_filtered

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:24:43 GMT 2005

I'd be all for having the options in the admin on whether or not to cache,
and a button to clear the cache (and a hook for plugins to do so if they're
applying other filters). The default set of the_content and such could load
the cached content if the option is enabled in the admin.

On 4/19/05, Mark Jaquith <mark.wordpress at txfx.net> wrote:

> denis at semiologic.com wrote:
>
> >I suspect your plugin will introduce more problems than it solves in my
> case. I
> >would need to use the_prerendered_content() instead of the_content() in
> my
> >theme, and assume other plugin users will do the same -- I suspect this
> is too
> >complex for most users.
> >
> >Thus, I'd be curious to know if someone has some code available that
> traverses
> >the the_content filter, adds a caching trigger at the end of it, and
> triggers
> >the caching during shutdown. If not, I guess I'm in for another plugin...
> >
> If you call the_prerendered_content() on a post with no cached content,
> it will apply the filters right then and cache the content live. The
> performance is identical to running the filters live, with the
> difference being that subsequent loads would use the cached content,
> which is much faster. Having to modify the theme is a necessary evil,
> at least the way I saw it. I've tried plugins that run as a filter on X
> and then try to modify filters on X live, and it really doesn't work so
> well.
>
> - Mark Jaquith

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com