[wp-hackers] 1.5.1 Release

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Apr 19 16:50:29 GMT 2005

Mike Little wrote:
  > May I also suggest that the download be named something other than
> latest.zip/latest.tar.gz? Because then one 'latest' looks exactly the
> same as another! I ended up with 2 version of latest.zip and one
> latst.tar.gz all different sizes and no idea which was the one to use.

The reason we have the /latest name is to make it easy for people
scripting the WP install. It does have a rule that you can put the
version number in there if you want, like /latest-1.5.tar.gz, and it'll
work. When you download through a browser it does send the correct file
name, using

header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=blah.zip');

Which seems to work everywhere but linux command line tools.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com