[wp-hackers] 1.5.1 Release

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Apr 18 14:54:20 GMT 2005

Stefano wrote:
> ABout gettext error we still have a problem with the string in the
> Dashboard, the one that says: There are currently XX posts and XX
> comments, contained within XX categories.
>
> It's a multiline text that donesn't get gettexedd correctly, actully
> I'm not able to find the mosquito entry related to this.

Line 84 of wp-admin/index.php:
title="posts">posts</a> and <?php echo $numcomms ?> <a
href="edit-comments.php" title="Comments">comments</a>, contained within
<?php echo $numcats ?> <a href="categories.php"
title="categories">categories</a>.</p>

I'm just now looking into i18n for my own plugins, so forgive me if this
is obvious and/or wrong:
Shouldn't the above (indeed, all text in wp-admin/*) be wrapped in __()
or _e() for translation?  Seems like the above could very easily be
broken into seperate strings.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35