[wp-hackers] wordpress optimizations

Mike Little journalized at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 20:03:39 GMT 2005

On 4/16/05, Peak Discharge <chmoka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am also rather curious, why does query count on index increase
> proportionally to the number of posts on index? for example if you install a
> fresh wp 1.5 installation and make posts one by one you'll notice
> considerable query count increase. How come?

I think it depends on which parts of the system are being used. For
example I've just tried your experiment with the classic theme and the
number of queries (14) stays constant regardless of the number of
posts.

I also added comments to each post one at a time and the number still
stayed constant.

It may be that you have a plug-in or possibly a feature of Wordpress
which isn't used in the classic theme turned on which is making extra
queries per post.

So, for example, a 'word count' plugin or a 'more like this' plugin
might do extra queries per post.

You would need to do some mored investigation before you could
determine that it was core wordpress which was causing the extra
queries.

Mike
--
Mike Little