[wp-hackers] 1.5.1 Release

Stefano steagl at people.it
Tue Apr 12 10:45:51 GMT 2005

Il Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:25:31 +0900, drDave <drdave at unknowngenius.com>
scrive:

>Is there *any* date known for an hypothetical 1.5.1 release?
>Many of the current bugs in 1.5 are pretty major show-stoppers for
>advanced plugins.

I asked the same on wp-polyglots list but no answer yet...

>be reasonable. But considering 1.5.1 is a pure bug-fixing release (it
>*is*, right?)

1.5.1 is suppose to be realesed in various locale version too, we
talked about having a system to generate differente locale
distribution automatically, making our transaltion works easy.

Actually i'm already distributing an 1.5.1 italian beta version, to
have some more users than th translation team testing the translation
and giving suggestion/bugs etc in the translation. I keep this version
update weekly on SVN. Practically we are already doing some betatest
on it (i manage the wikyitaly site and my personal blog with this
version)

>upgrade it... At the moment, there are new people everyday downloading
>a version that has known problems with its plugin API: it will be much
>harder to get these users to upgrade once more than having them
>download right away the correct bug-fixing minor release.

I agree

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)