[wp-hackers] post_name_check

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Mon Apr 11 04:40:59 GMT 2005

I see code in post.php (line 114 in current SVN) that appends a number
to a the post slug if that post slug already exists. I'm guessing this
is in place because there is no way to determine if a permalink
structure will include enough date information (or post ID) to make the
URI unique?

Can someone confirm/explain this further?

I have a weekly "Around the Web" post and I like having it use the same
slug every week. I can certainly hack around this for myself, but if
there is a more global solution I'd be happy to try to implement it.

Cheers,
--Alex

http://www.alexking.org/