[wp-hackers] An idea for preventing spam

Basil Crow lists at basilcrow.com
Sun Apr 10 18:08:12 GMT 2005

Hey everyone,

After being hit with a bunch of comment spam in the past few days, it
occurred to me that there might be a rather easy way of filtering spam
into moderation. It's not an absolutely foolproof method, but I don't
get much spam anymore with WordPress 1.5, and it might be more of a
practical aid in defeating what little that I do get.

The idea is: automatically put the comment in moderation (or even mark
it as spam) if it ends with
since most comment spam I'm getting nowadays ends with the words "by"
and a link.

Would anyone be interested in implementing a plugin of some sort for
this? I have no idea how to go about it.

Basil