[wp-hackers] Comment moderation

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Sat Apr 9 20:24:45 GMT 2005

I'd say that the comment moderation page should have paginated results. Say 25 or 50 comments at a time. That would be less load on the database & wouldn't result in Server timing out. Also a link/button to delete all comments in moderation would be good, just as a last resort/panic button, so that if you have 1000 comments in moderation, you can delete them all, even if it costs 2-3 legit comments. :)

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||

---------- Original Message from "Craig Hartel" <craig at nuclearmoose.com> ----------
I just got hit with a huge batch of spam comments. Not only were there
a lot of
them, but they contain DOZENS of links as well as text.

I can't moderate them because my server keeps timing out. I know that I
can go
into phpMyAdmin and delete them manually, but that doesn't help people
who don't
have this or have the "courage" to do something like directly edit the
database.

I'm wondering if comments could be changed in how they are listed in
the comment
moderation panel? I'd like to see a simple list of just the basic
information
and not the body of the comment. The comment body could be replaced by
a link to
show the entire contents of the comment if desired.

Would this method cut down on the dbase query execution time? If this
would be a
worthwhile thing to do, could someone take a stab at the coding?
Please? :)

Craig.