Fwd: [wp-hackers] Theme and Plugin Integration

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:16:39 GMT 2005

My point in this whole thread was not, as some people on IRC have taken it
to be, a way for theme developers to bundle all the plugins they want with
their theme and make it completely dependent on certain plugins. I should
have never said the words "bundle" and "plugins" in the same sentence.
Instead, I just wish there was a way for theme developers to have one file
that is called at plugin time, that would simply do some of the add_action
and add_filter that couldn't be done at the time that themes are loaded. My
personal intention with this was going to be to provide some custom features
and make a really cool theme that would be completely customizable via the
wordpress administration interface, but I don't want to have to request that
users install and activate a plugin at the same time. The other issues
should probably be brought up in another thread.
Sorry Ryan, accidentally only replied to you, *curses reply-to: headers*

One more try, gmail sent it to the wrong hackers address. *wishes he could
make it forget hackers at wordpress.org*

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com