[wp-hackers] No post title / Rewrite

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Apr 4 02:08:34 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 12:52 +1200, Matthew Thomas wrote:
> Jeff Minard wrote:
>  >...
>  > If there is no title, there is no post slug, then how do you generate
>  > a Permalink? I imagine it uses the post-id for the post-slug then.
>  > Makes sense as it will allow non-titled published posts to work still.
>  >
>  > But yeah, I would report this as a bug that post-slug should be
>  > updated if the title was blank and is then changed.
>  >...
>
> I'd rather that was done only if the entry hadn't been published yet.
> Otherwise links to the entry from other sites would break.

The behavior in 1.5.1 is to not set the post slug until the post is
published.  After publication, WP won't attempt to auto update the slug
if the title changes.  The only way to change the slug on a published
post is manually.

If a post has no title when it is published, the id is used.  After
publication, the same rule as before applies.  We will not automatically
change a post slug on a published post, even if the slug is the post id.

Ryan