[wp-hackers] Thoughts on how we filter comments

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 12:09:14 GMT 2005

Any thoughts on...

http://www.procata.com/blog/archives/2005/03/31/the-usability-of-input-filtering/

It's a nice article and it lists some problems. I guess his 'Filter
with Confirmation and Warning' sounds like the best solution: rather
than throwing the user input back in the users face with 'Not good
enough' (input validation), we help out and try to find some middle
ground. My thoughts are that if we show the original and filtered
versions, along with a warning that some bits might have changed,
along with highlighting in the filtered version to show exactly what
has changed, everyone's pretty happy.

I'll work a bit on an implementation.
-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com