[wp-forums] Good solution?

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Tue Jun 30 02:34:08 UTC 2015

I closed the topic and I'm fine with the small edit too. ;)

I really don't think anyone should get into the habit of editing posts
in the forums. Unless it's extreme as in threats of violence, stalking,
etc. (and that's happened and the topics were edited or deleted) then
the topics shouldn't be edited. It tends to lead other forum users to
"But you did it for X, Y and Z from 6 years ago!" and that's just a
waste of time.

Search engine results are never an extreme case.

> Mark Ratledge <mailto:mark at markratledge.com>
> Monday, June 29, 2015 10:28 PM
> I know, I should be using Slack :) But until then, was this a good
> solution for someone complaining about a site URL they posted?
> https://wordpress.org/support/topic/deleting-url?replies=6

Jan Dembowski
https://blog.dembowski.net/