[wp-forums] Conversations with yourself? Sure.

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Thu May 8 12:13:32 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 7:57 AM, it's EMG wrote:

> It's too early/late for coffee here, but... WHY?

Too early for...? *Shows email to fellow train commuters* I don't
understand. ;)

> Why do people sock puppet on a support forum when it's essentially the same
> as BUMPing?
>
> Because they think sock puppets will slip under the radar while BUMPs
> won't?

Dunno. Maybe they have those types of conversations with themselves? :P

Occasionally someone will reply "I used that account by accident" but
that's not the case with that thread. That has happened with authors who
have a company account but usually they pick one and that's that.

I get that that member was trying to help but that's just plain odd.

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski